If you’re on Twitter you know how this works. The “#” indicates a theme that people quote if they want to participate in the discussion.
In this case a literary agent, going by the username of @SlushPileHell started a contest. To enter the contest, you tweet a title using the #badkiddybooks tag. To vote, you re-tweet someone’s entry.
I went there, thinking of entering, but the ones that I read there were just too good and instead I spent my time reading, laughing, and voting. I don’t even know what the prize was.
I asked SlushPileHell if it was okay with him if I posted my own list of favs, so here they are:
- gr3b0: “‘Do Babies Bounce?’ and other science experiments for
- weirdlucy: Hitchhiking, a Guide for Girls Daddy Never Loved
- GeneDoucette: Rachel Has Seven Mommies: A Childrens Guide to
the Book of Mormon
- LisaLOwens: “Santa Is Watching” and Other Lies Your Parents
- alc417 Anorexia: How to Avoid Being the Girl With the Good
- SesshasWorld: The Hunt for Harriet’s Hymen
- SesshasWorld: Your Ass – The Final Frontier
- hmmille: Everybody poops: now with photos
- AngieLedbetter: Encyclopedia Brown: The Case of Strange Noises from Your Parents’ Room
- tedopon: Bi Curious George
- Calbion: Charlotte’s Bed
- tedopon: The Scat in the Hat
- taojoannes or: One Fish Two Fish, Black Fish Jew Fish
- midos_mom : The Velveteen-Corsetted Rabbit and Her Leather Whip
- lkblackburne: The Very Hungry Flesh Eating Bacteria
- Buddhapuss: Dick and Jane Discover Coke, A Scratch and Sniff
- darrenpardee: Hop On Pop (Mommy’s Version)
- timdonnelly: Green Eggs and Botulism
- Scionical: Green Eggs and Ecstasy
- AVgrl: Ashley Has Two Daddies. And They’re Both Going to Burn in
And my personal (twisted) fav:
- ianthealy: Willy Wanker and the Chocolate Highway
As of right now, I don’t know if the winner has been chosen or indicated, but I think all the readers were winners!
Update: He’s putting a list of top 25 on his own site later.
Update again: Official winner:
- MJsRetweet: Daddy Has an Itch. Mommy Smells Like Fish: A Child’s Rhyming Guide to STD’s
Awesome. And actually, that taojannes one was mine…
I saw a lot of yours and liked them too. I could have picked up the retweet, but I thought that I was careful not to catch the retweeter rather than the tweeter …
And the Seven Mommies one was in my personal top five too.
WOOT! Glad you liked my anorexia book. Good times. 🙂